10 August 2018
Balasore: Five persons including four minors suffered from food poisoning after consuming food in a feast conducted after a puja. This incident occurred on Wednesday night at Amudiha village in Nilagiri area under Khantapada police limits here in the district.
A person named Ashok Panda organized a ‘Satyanarayan Pooja’ at his residence on Wednesday evening. It was followed by a sumptuous meal that was relished by the villagers.
On Thursday morning, Lipi (4), Poornima (12), Ramakant (9), Umakant (5) and Mandakini (25) experienced vomiting and dysentery. By afternoon, their condition worsened and the five were rushed to the Nilagiri Community Health Centre (CHC) in a 108 Ambulance.
The five affected persons are currently undergoing treatment in the hospital.
Meanwhile, the quality of the food served at the feast has become a hot topic of discussion in the village.