04 March 2019
Kalahandi: In an unfortunate incident on the auspicious occasion of Shiv Ratri, a van carrying as many as 15 passengers caught fire all of a sudden while it was on move at Ampani ghat under Dharmagarh in the district here today.
All passengers are reportedly safe.
According to sources, the incident occurred when the family members hailing from Koksara block were on their pilgrimage to the Papadahandi Shiv shrine in a Tata Magic van.
The passenger vehicle all at once caught fire suspected to be an outcome of short circuit in the machine while it was running along the Ampani ghat. Howvever, all the passengers deboarded the van in the nick of time and stated to be safe and sound.
On being intimated, local police rushed to the spot and took stock of the situation.