X
15 rooms gutted after fire breaks out at Agiragadia village in Bhadrak
Ranji Player Natraj Behera Announces Retirement
3 persons are critically injured in accident in Puri
India win 3rd Test match against South Africa

Ticket Denial To Jaydev Sitting MLA Sashi Bhusan Behera Stirs Ire, Party Supporters Demand Reconsideration


Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.

02 April 2019

Debashish Maharana


Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.

Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.

Bhubaneswar: A day after BJD president and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced the list of assembly candidates in which Jaydev sitting MLA and incumbent Finance Minister Sashi Bhusan Behera has been replaced by former Jaydev MLA as well as minister Arabinda Dhali, it has sparked off resentment among the supporters of Behera.

Today the supporters of Sashi Bhusan were seen before Naveen Niwas demanding reconsideration of BJD supremo’s decision.

In his media reactions, Balianta block Zone 17 Zilla Parishad member Amarendu Prasad Patnaik complained, “Our popular leader Sashi Bhusan Behera had been in the Council of Ministers of Naveen Patnaik. All of a sudden ticket has been denied to him and in his place Arabinda Dhali has been given the ticket.”

“When the Chief Minister was distributing tickets, he used to cite the reason behind the ticket given to the party candidates. Since yesterday, all have been taken aback to know how ticket of a personality like Sashi Babu has been denied. Hence, we have come here to our party president, the hon’ble Chief Minister, urging him to reconsider Jaydev assembly segment’s candidature.”

On the other hand, Arabinda Dhali in his reactions said, “We’ll definitely get the support of Sashi Bhai. All our party workers and BJD lovers have come over here. You will come to know after counting of votes that Jaydev assembly constituency will create record.”

“As they are all BJD workers, they will all extend me their support. About 90% have come back to us. The rest of 8-10% will also join us during the election campaign,” he asserted.

Also Read: BJD Announces 2 LS & 7 Assembly Candidates, Mahesh Sahu Fielded For Dhenkanal LS Seat

Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.

Amarendu Prasad Patnaik, Zone 17 ZP Member, Balianta Block

Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.

Arabinda Dhali, BJD Candidate, Jaydev Assembly Seat