09 January 2020
Cuttack: As many as 42 students were taken ill after some spiders fell into their midday meal at a school here on Thursday. The students were rushed to Sishu Bhavan after they complained of sickness.
The incident took place at Government Upper Primary School in Sandhapur under Barang police limits.
According to reports, the spiders fell into the food after it was delivered and while serving. The doctors said the condition of four students was serious and they are under observation.
Most of the remaining students are keeping well. Local MLA, Md Moquim, senior officials, Medical Superintendent and principal were present at the hospital to take stock of the situation.