25 January 2020
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today approved a rehabilitation and assistance package for those to be affected by the renovation programme of the SCB Medical College & Hospital, Cuttack.
The State government has taken a decision for the renovation of SCB Medical College & Hospital into a 3,000 bedded modern healthcare establishment with ultra-modern treatment and research facilities.
Under the package, permanent residential houses, unauthorized constructed residential houses, fish market complex, permanent shops, unauthorized constructed shops, street vendors, religious institutions, clubs, cattle sheds, etc. have been included.
1. Residential Area: Land and houses of Stitiban land titleholders will be acquired by way of direct purchase as per the process approved by the State government.
(a) Compensation: Compensation will be paid as per Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act-2013.
(b) Relocation Assistance: Each family will be provided Rs 1 lakh towards transportation expenses and emergency arrangements for relocation.
(2) Unauthorized Residential Houses:
(a) One-Time Assistance: Each affected family will be provided with one-time assistance of Rs 50,000.
(b)Temporary Residence: License will be provided to each family to construct houses at their own expense on a 15ft x 15ft plot in an area decided by Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC) and district administration. The CMC will provide basic amenities in the area. After settling these families in houses constructed under affordable housing projects of the State government they will have to vacate the temporary houses.
(c) People housed in temporary shelters will be provided with food for eight days.
(d) The CMC will make transportation arrangements for the relocation of these people.
3. Fish Market Complex/Commercial Establishment of CMC:
Shopkeepers/Fish Sellers registered with the CMC will be provided with one-time assistance of Rs 1 lakh. The CMC will refund their security deposits. Similarly, affected street vendors will be accommodated in CMC's vending zones on a priority basis.
4. Permanent Shops: Shops constructed on Stitiban land will be directly purchased and acquired as per the approved process of the State government.
(a) Compensation will be provided in accordance with the provisions of Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act-2013.
(b) Unauthorized Shops: Each affected family will be provided with Rs 1 lakh as assistance amount in two installments for relocation and immediate arrangements. The first installment will be given in the beginning and the second installment will be provided after vacating the land.
5. Unauthorized Shops: For each unauthorized shop assistance of Rs 30,000 will be provided.
6. Street Vendors: Each street vendor will be provided with one-time assistance of Rs 20,000.
7. Relocated Religious Institution/Club: Each Religious Institution/Club will be given Rs 1 lakh by Collector Cuttack as one-time assistance.
8. Cattle Shed: For every relocated cattle shed one-time assistance of Rs 20,000 will be provided.
9. Special Assistance: Officers and employees vacating government quarters will get house rent as per government rules and in addition to that will get special assistance for 12 months or till they are allotted new quarters as mentioned below:
Class IV-Rs 5,000
Class III-Rs 7,500
Class II -Rs 10,000
Class I -Rs 12,500
10. Rented Accommodation For Institutions: A committee headed by RDC will take a decision as per the market rate.
11. Other Arrangement:
(a) This rehabilitation and resettlement policy will be implemented by Collector Cuttack.
(b) Since land and property will be acquired for the project through negotiations, wherever necessary, Cuttack Collector can decide on increasing or changing the assistance subject to the approval of RDC (Central).
(c) The State government will provide funds to Collector Cuttack for implementation of this rehabilitation and resettlement package.