09 May 2019
Bhubaneswar: Train services in Khurda Road-Puri Section resumed partially since yesterday (May 8) after cancellation due to Cyclone FANI that hit hard Puri district on May 3.
East Coast Railway (ECoR) sources informed that some of the local passenger trains, earlier cancelled in view of Cyclone FANI resumed from today (May 9) while 17 pairs of other local passenger trains have been remained cancelled till further advice.
The resumed trains on May 9, 2019 are:
1) Kharagpur-Jajpur-Keonjhar Road-Kharagpur Passenger
2) Kharagpur-Bhadrak-Balasore Passenger
3) Balasore-Bhadrak-Balasore Passenger
4) Howrah-Bhadrak-Howrah Passenger
5) Bhadrak-Bhubaneswar-Bhadrak MEMU
6) Cuttack-Palasa-Cuttack Passenger
7) Cuttack-Ichhapuram-Cuttack MEMU
8) Angul-Puri-Angul MEMU
9) Bhubaneswar-Brahmapur-Bhubaneswar MEMU
10) Bhubaneswar-Palasa-Bhubaneswar MEMU
11) Palasa-Visakhapatnam-Palasa Passenger
12) Palasa- Visakhapatnam-Palasa Passenger
Notably, East Coast Railway (ECoR) has resumed three Express Trains from Puri after trial run of a few special trains between Khurda Road and Puri from both the directions.
The three Express Trains are Puri-New Delhi Purusottam Express, Puri-Haldia Tapaswini Express and Puri-Durg Express. They all left Puri station as per their scheduled timings yesterday (May 8), ECoR stated.