17 May 2019
Balasore: As many as 100 people, including the bride and groom, were taken ill due to suspected food poisoning after consuming a marriage feast in Ranibasan village under Bhogarai block of the district last night.
According to reports, at least 500 guests were invited in the wedding and soon after the completion of the feast, several people complained of stomach pain, diarrhoea and vomiting. Many guests had to be rushed to Jaleswar Community Health Centre (CHC) as their condition worsened.
A team of doctors also visited the village to take stock of the situation. Meanwhile, medical camps have been set up in the village after many people reported similar signs.