22 February 2020
Sundergarh: A woman succumbed to her burn injuries while her husband and six-month-old daughter are fighting for their lives. The sad incident occurred yesterday evening after their TV exploded due to a suspected short circuit.
The deceased has been identified as Bobby Nayak of Lahandabuda village under Dhuruhadihi Police Station in Sundargarh district.
As per sources Bobby with her husband Dileshwar Nayak and their six-month-old daughter were watching TV in their home yesterday evening at about 5.30 pm. The TV exploded giving burn injuries to all three. Hearing the loud noise, the neighbours rushed to help them. They disconnected the power and informed the local Fire Services and Police.
The injured trio was sent to Sundargarh main hospital where Bobby succumbed to her injuries. The father-daughter duo was then sent to Ispat General Hospital (IGH), Rourkela as their condition worsened.
Meanwhile, Dhuruhadihi Police have lodged a case and launched an investigation. A short circuit is suspect to have caused the horrific accident.