28 September 2018
Kendrapada: In a tragic incident, two minor boys were killed after they were bitten by a poisonous snake late last night in Badamulabasanta Panchayat here.
The deceased duo has been identified as Udaybhanu Sahu (13) and Krutibasu Sahu (7).
The incident occurred in the house of one Prabhakar Sahu (father of the deceased duo) of Bandha Sahi village. The two minor boys were bitten by the poisonous reptile when the family was fast asleep in the night.
The brothers were rushed to District Headquarters Hospital for treatment but were later shifted to to Cuttack SCB Medical when their condition worsened.
However, the poison had already spread in their bodies by then and the doctors declared them ‘brought dead’.