X
Elephant tramples villager to death at Parjang Palasahi in Dhenkanal

Odisha: Man Falls Prey To Wild Boar Trap In Kendrapara


Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.

02 November 2018

Biswaprakash Beja


Kendrapara: In an unfortunate incident, a man was electrocuted to death after he fell into an electric wire trap at Purbapada village under Mahakalapada block here late last night. His body was found beside the carcass of the boar this morning.

The deceased has been identified as Biju Modha (35) of Purbapada village.

According to reports, a wild boar fell into an electric wire trap that was laid to prevent wild animals from destroying crops. After the boar was caught, Biju went to the spot to lift the boar’s carcass when he accidentally came in contact with the electric wire and died on the spot.

On intimation, police and forest officials reached the spot and rescued both the bodies. Further investigation into the matter is currently underway while the bodies have been sent for post-mortem.

Also Read: Watch: Elephant Calf Being Rescued From A Well In Dhenkanal