02 February 2019
Bhubaneswar: Tension and panic gripped the patients as a major fire broke out on the fifth floor of the premier medical hospital Apollo in capital city's Gajapati Nagar area today morning.
According to sources, the fire broke out in the battery room that was situation in the fifth floor of the high-rise building. On intimation, fire services personnel rushed to the spot to douse the flames and prevent the fire from spreading to the other room. Two fire tenders were deployed at the spot as a thick cloud of smoke had engulfed the floor.
While the exact reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained, locals said that it was sparked off by a short circuit.
Reports stated that patients from ICU along with the high-end equipments were shifted to safety and no casualties have been reported yet.