09 April 2019
Cuttack: A major fire broke out in the records room of SCB Medical College and Hospital here late last night following which several important documents were reduced to ashes.
The incident occurred at around 3 am in the night when staff noticed smoke emanating from the room. On intimation, fire personnel reached the hospital and doused the flames.
While there have been no casualties, the reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained. On the other hand, hospital staff said that the fire sparked out from a short circuit.
According to sources, this is the 4th fire mishap that has been highlighted from SCB in last one year.