03 December 2018
Jharsuguda: In an unfortunate incident, a maintenance worker was electrocuted to death while fixing a fuse in the power transformer of Rengali village here today morning.
The deceased has been identified as Kanhu Charan Sahu, a native of Chhattisgarh. 30-year-old Sahoo was working as a contractual worker in an outsourcing agency.
The incident occurred today at around 8 am in the morning when Sahu was carrying out maintenance work at a transformer in Rengali village after getting a power cut complaint. Suddenly, current gushed through the live wire and Sahu was glued to the electrical equipment following which he was charred to death.
The locals demanded compensation for the deceased’s family. On intimation, police rushed to the spot and is further investigating into the matter.