16 February 2019
Kalahandi: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today dedicated Ret Medium Irrigation Project as well as inaugurated and laid foundation stones for a slew of other developmental projects in the district.
He also made two major announcements for the youth mass of the district.
In his address to the gathering at Bhawanipatna, the Chief Minister said, "Today I would like to make two announcements for the youth mass. Bhawanipatna Government (Autonomous) College will be accorded unitary university status and Bhawanipatna Women's College will have Science Stream, Science lab and other infrastructure for which Rs 5 crore has been sanctioned."
As per the CMO sources, the Ret Medium Irrigation project has been built at an estimated cost of Rs 768.46 crore and will benefit 79 villages as it will irrigate 8500 hectares of agricultural land under the blocks of Bhawanipatna, Kesinga, Narla and Lanjigarh in the district.
Including the Rs 768.46 crore worth Ret Medium Irrigation Project, the Chief Minister also inaugurated and laid foundation stones for 38 developmental projects worth Rs 1346 crore. While the estimated cost of 23 inaugurated projects is Rs 910.57 crore, the 15 projects for which foundation stones were laid today are to be built at an estimated cost of Rs 435.28 crore.
23 Inaugurated Projects Are:
1) 2 Mega Lift Irrigation Projects at Palam and Hatokhoj under Kesinga block
2) Three 100-seated ST & SC Girls’ Hostels and two 100-seated ST Girls’ Hostels in Kesinga and M. Rampur blocks
3) Dharmagarh Agriculture Information and Consultation Centre
4) 6 road projects of Narla, Dharmagarh and Bhawanipatna blocks
5) 72 deep borewells and other projects in the district
Foundations Laid for 15 Projects Are:
1) 16 upgraded roads in Lanjigarh, Narla, Bhawanipatna and Dharmagarh blocks
2) 13 high level bridges for T. Rampur, Kalampur, Lanjigarh, Narla, Kesinga, Koksara, Dharmagarh and Bhawanipatna blocks
3) 62 new pipe water supply projects for Kalahandi district
4) 30-bedded Pediatrics Ward for Dharmagarh Sub-Divisional Hospital
5) New Community Health Centre (CHC) for Golamunda and new Out Door Ward for Pastikudi CHC under Kesinga block