21 February 2019
Bargarh: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today visited this district of western Odisha in a bid to inaugurate as well as lay foundation stones for 49 developmental projects worth over Rs 2000 crore.
After reaching the venue of Ichchhapali at around 11.30 am, the Chief Minister dedicated the much-awaited Sohela-Nuapada Road Biju Express Way built at an estimated cost of Rs 455.66 crore.
He also inaugurated a slew of other projects built at an estimated cost of over Rs 515 crore including the Sohela-Nuapada Road Biju Express Way.
Other Inaugurated Projects:
1) Three power supply projects under Ambabhona and Bhatli blocks
2) 50-bedded Pediatrics Ward of the newly-built Padmapur Sub-Divisional Hospital (SDH) and 30-bedded Pediatrics Ward of Barpali Community Health Centre (CHC)
3) Newly-built Aahar Kendras at Barpali, Atabira and Bijepur
4) Pipe Water Supply projects of Bhoipali under Atabira and of Dumerpali under Sohela block
5) Bridges over Danta river under Bheden block and Ganiajor (stream) under Jharband block
6) Deputy Registrar of Cooperative (DRC) office building and Assistant Registrar of Cooperative (ARC) office building at district headquarters Bargarh
7) District Agriculture Office at Sohela
8) 300-seated Girls’ Hostel of Bargarh Panchayat College
The Chief Minister also laid foundation stones for 32 developmental projects to be built at an estimated cost of over Rs 1495 crore.
Foundation Stones Laid Projects:
1) Rs 1340.55 crore worth Gangadhar Meher Lift Irrigation Project at Bijepur that would irrigate 25600 hectares of agricultural land under Sohela, Barpali and Bijepur blocks
2) Padma Shri Haldhar Nag Koshali/Sambalpuri Literature Research Centre at Ghens
3) Six Odisha Adarsh Vidyalayas (Odisha Model Schools) at Ambabhona, Bheden, Sohela, Bhatli, Barpali and Bijepur
4) 30-bedded Pediatrics Ward of Sohela Community Health Centre (CHC) and Ayush Ward of Bargarh’s Tukurla District Headquarters Hospital (DHH)
5) Four road projects under Bheden, Bargarh, Padmapur and Gaislet blocks
6) Bridge under Bhatli block and road project under Barpali block
7) Academic Block of Government Polytechnic at Bargarh’s Tukurla
8) 18 Rural Pipe Water Supply projects under Barpali, Atabira, Bhatli, Bijepur, Sohela and Ambabhona blocks
In his public address, the Chief Minister said, “Rs 25 lakh has been earmarked for the Haldhar Nag Koshali/Sambalpuri Literature Research Centre, Biju Express Way was inaugurated, foundation stone was laid for Gangadhar Meher Lift Irrigation Point, Rs 11 crore assistance for Bargarh Sugar Mill and Cancer Hospital will be built at Bargarh.”