X
desktop-khimji

Odisha: CESU To Snap Power Supply Of Defaulters From Jan 16


09 January 2020

Snigdha Chandan Das


Bhubaneswar: In a major move, the Central Electricity Supply Utility (CESU) has decided to disconnect the power supply of defaulters. CESU CEO Arun Bothra today said that 413 squads have been formed to carry out the enforcement.

Addressing a presser here this evening, Bothra said that a special drive will be launched from January 16 to disconnect power supply of defaulters. He informed that 11,397 villages have been identified and the disconnection drive will be launched in 20 divisions across Odisha.

Of the total 7 lakh defaulters, nearly 1.10 lakh consumers have cleared their dues so far and a total of Rs 21 crore has been collected. “We have no intention to disconnect power but there are no options left, if consumers continue to default on their pending electricity bills,” said Bothra.

The CESU CEO added that there will be a scheduled power outage in some parts of the State on January 10 and 11 owing to maintenance work.

The following areas will face power cut on January 10:

Similarly, on January 11, these places will face power cut for a few hours:

Arun Bothra, CEO, CESU