X
Illegal cracker manufacturing units busted in Cuttack
Man shot dead by bike-borne miscreants in Cuttack

Odisha: BJD Dismisses BJP's Allegation Of 'Hijacking' Rural Housing Scheme


10 October 2019

Debashish Maharana


Bhubaneswar: The Biju Janata Dal on Thursday dismissed BJP's allegations that the State Government has hijacked Centre's rural housing scheme and rebranded it on its own.

Addressing media persons here today, BJD Spokesperson Anubhav Patnaik said that Odisha has been lauded by the Centre and several other reputed agencies for excellent execution of the rural housing schemes.

"Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana comprises of two parts. 60 per cent is contributed by the Centre while the remaining 40 per cent is State's share. If the external cost factors such as monitoring and supervision and land rights are added, the expenditure of Odisha Government will be much more," said Patnaik.

"Odisha Government is doing its job to ensure that one and all in the rural areas of the State get pucca houses. Since the BJP is in dearth of issues, they are picking up a non-issue for protest," the BJD spokesperson added.

Earlier in the day, State BJP leaders staged a protest before the Raj Bhavan accusing the ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) of hijacking the flagship schemes of the Centre in Odisha. The national party alleged that BJD has hijacked Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), and changed the name of the scheme to Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana.

"Fake beneficiaries are being chosen for the rural housing schemes due to which the eligible ones are being left out. We have given a detailed report to the Governor and sought his attention into the matter," Odisha BJP spokesperson Samir Mohanty said.

Anubhav Patnaik, Spokesperson, BJD

Samir Mohanty, spokesperson, BJP, Odisha