23 January 2019
Dhenkanal: Two youths on their motorcycle got electrocuted in Jhaadaberini village under Kanta Baniya PS as they were on their way to witness a dance program. Some villagers had spread a live wire on the fields to capture boars, which incidentally was stepped by the duo.
Both were co-brothers, and hailed from Raila village (Dhenkanal) and Tentulai village (Angul). Both died immediately on the spot. The police reached the spot and is investigating the matter. Both the deceased bodies have been sent to Hindol Hospital.
A pall of gloom descended on the village following the mishap. The people have raised hue and cry over these deaths.
Recently, death of 7 elephants due to electrocution by a low-hanging live wire in Dhenkanal shook the State.