X
Man allegedly kills son & buries body in his backyard in Athagarh
Railways increases advance reservation period for special trains to120 days
Odisha reports 63 fresh Covid19 cases today
Two floor of Parliament Annexe building sealed after officer tests positive
Newly-wed couple found dead in their house in Bhubaneswar
desktop-khimji

Odisha: 1-Yr-Old Girl Chokes To Death After Swallowing Free Toy In Chips Packet


Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.

25 June 2019

OMMCOM NEWS


Keonjhar: In an unfortunate incident, a one-year-old girl was asphyxiated to death after she accidentally swallowed a toy that was inside a chips packet on Monday.

The deceased girl has been identified Suchitra, daughter of one Bidyadhar Jena of Kolipadi village under Nandipada police limits here.

Reportedly, the girl was handed over a chips packet for consumption without any parental guidance when she mistakenly swallowed a plastic toy that came free in the packet. The toy choked her windpipe and the obstruction of airflow caused suffocation.

She was rushed to Anandpur Sub-divisional hospital where the doctors declared her dead.