27 February 2019
Keonjhar: In an unfortunate incident, one person died and nine others were taken ill after consuming food in a feast at Nuagaon village late last night.
According to reports, a family had gathered for a marriage in the village and a meal had been prepared during the wedding arrangements. After relishing the food, people complained of stomach pain and started vomiting at around 10 pm.
They were first rushed to Keonjhar district headquarters hospital (DHH) and were later shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack when their condition deteriorated. Unfortunately, a worker named Mitu Nayak succumbed to his poor health on the way to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.
Food poisoning is suspected to be the culprit, while hospital authorities are yet to clarify on the matter.