X
 
1 killed, 4 others critically injured in a road accident in Ganjam

Mother, Son Electrocuted In Ganjam


19 September 2019

Rabindranath Behera


Berhampur: In a tragic incident, a mother and son duo was electrocuted in Bakutgaon village under Khallikote police limits in Ganjam district on Thursday.

According to reports, both were electrocuted after coming in contact with live electric wire in their house.The deceased have been identified as Narayan Nahak (36) and Sajani Nahak (58).

While Narayan had come in contact with live electric wire in his house for some unknown reason, his mother Sajani got electrocuted when she tried to save him.

Fellow villagers had rushed the duo to the Community Health Centre (CHC) at Khallikote. However, the mother and son were pronounced dead by the attending doctors there.

Narayan, who was a daily wager, was the sole bread earner of the family. He is survived by his widow and a six-month-old son.

A pall of gloom has descended over the village ever since news broke about the duo's tragic end.