19 June 2019
Kandhamal: In an unfortunate incident, a minor girl died while her siblings and her mother were critically injured in a fire mishap while sleeping in their house at Gerupada under Phiringia police limits in Tuesday late night.
As per reports, one Arun Behera’s wife and three children were fast asleep when a short circuit sparked fire in the house. After sensing the fire, Arun immediately alerted his wife.
Balmati Behera, her five-year-old son Rudra and daughters Rambha (18) and Krushna (13) were trying to escape the house in hurry, when they all sustained burn injuries.
The four were rushed to Phulbani medical where Krushna succumbed to her injuries. Others are currently undergoing treatment.