02 March 2019
Balasore: A farmer was electrocuted to death on Saturday after coming in contact with a live wire at Paschimbad village under Jaleswar block of Balasore district.
Reportedly, the deceased identified as Surendra Jena was going to his field today morning when he accidently stepped on a snapped live wire, which was being used to provide power to a lift irrigation system.
Jena's family members have alleged he died due to negligence of Electricity Department authorities and owner of the private lift irrigation system.
Irate villagers staged a blockade at Paschimbad-Jaleswar road by placing his Jena's body in middle of the road and demanded Rs 20 lakh compensation for his family.