26 October 2019
Bhubaneswar: In a bid to make Diwali safe for all twin city denizens, the Commissionerate Police today issued a safety advisory while bursting firecrackers.
Here is the list of do’s and don’ts:
1. As per honourable High Court guidelines, the firecrackers can only be burst from 8 pm to 10 pm.
2. Buy firecrackers only from licensed sellers
3. Do not allow children to use fireworks independently but only under supervision.
4. Do not use fireworks which create sound above 125 dB.
5. Do not wear silk or polyester while using fireworks.
6. If you are opting to burst crackers as a group, then avoid public space and choose an open area.
7. There is a blanket ban on bursting of long red chain firecrackers.
8. Keep first-aid box handy while using fireworks.
9. Submerge the cracker residuals in water.
10. Never ignite fireworks while holding them. Put those down, ignite, and walk away.
11. Avoid bursting crackers near prohibitory areas such as schools, hospitals, courts, places of worship or in crowded places.
12. Don’t use fireworks on animals.
13. In case of emergency, call Police Control Room (Dial 100) of Fire Station (Dial 101) for help.
The Commissionerate Police also wished the citizens of Bhubaneswar-Cuttack a happy and safe Diwali.