07 May 2019
Bhubaneswar: The death toll due to cyclone FANI stands at 35 as per the information provided by State Emergency Operation Center (SEOC) on Monday.
While 21 deaths have been reported from Puri, three from Kendrapara, four from Mayurbhanj, four from Jajpur and three reported from Cuttack.
The SEOC further stated that while 160 people have been injured and admitted to hospital for treatment in Puri, three persons injured and hospitalized in Bhubaneswar.
14 Districts affected namely Angul, Balasore, Bhadrak, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Ganjam, Jagatsinghpur, Jajpur, Kendrapara, Keonjhar, Khordha, Mayurbhanj, Nayagarh and Puri.
· 155 no. of Blocks affected.
· 51 no. of ULBs affected.
· 16,074 no. of Villages affected.
· 1,40,60,602 Population affected.
· 05 Nos. 400 KV towers, 27 Nos. of 220 KV towers, 21 Nos. 130 KV towers have been damaged in the cyclone. 04 numbers of 220 KV Grids at Chandaka, Bidanasi, Samagra, Mendhasala and 4 numbers of 132 KV Grid at Puri, Nimapada, Mancheswar and Ransinghpur have been damaged.
· 5030 Kms. of 33 KV lines, 38613 Kms. of 11 KV lines, 11077 nos. of distribution transformers, and 79485 Kms. of LT lines damaged.
· In Puri district extensive damages have occurred to all kutcha houses. Structures of temporary street vendors have been completely damaged. 160 nos. of people injured and admitted to hospital for treatment. Special Circuit House Puri, Office and Residence of SP and Collector have been badly damaged like many other buildings.
· Huge numbers of trees have been uprooted resulting in disruption of road communication. Khordha and Bhubaneswar city have been severely affected.
· In Bhubaneswar 03 persons injured and hospitalized.
· Power supply snapped due to uprooting of electricity poles, damage to substations and transmission lines.
· Telecom towers have been affected resulting in cellular and telephone network down in wide area. All telephone and cell phones are down in Puri district. Telephone and mobile connectivity has also been severely affected in Khordha including Bhubaneswar city.
· Summer crops, orchards, plantations devastated in a large scale.
· Traffic was disrupted in all the PWD roads of Cuttack, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapada due to up-rooted trees, debris and electric poles.
· 1031 number of public health facilities (MC & H/ DHH/ SDH/ CHCs/ PHCs/ Sub-Centers) damaged.
· 5244 number of Primary School Buildings and 547 number of secondary school buildings damaged.
· 980.69 km. of River/ Saline Embankments have been damaged.
· 50% of the plants have been damaged in Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Jajpur and Paradeep.
· 65 no. of Cashew fields in Khurdha, Cuttack, and Jajpur damaged.
· 180 number of Higher Education Institutions severely & 90 numbers of HEIs partially damaged.
· 227 no. of breaches, 5596 kms length of road, 326 no. of culverts have been damaged in PWD roads. 556 no. of roads blocked due to uprooted trees, electric poles & wires, cyclone debris.
· 9693.25 kms. of RD roads and 4610 buildings have been affected.
· Clearing of roads is going on.
· Power restoration process is in full swing.
· Road communication in Ganjam and Gajapti completely restored. Road clearance and restoration works in other districts including Bhubaneswar city is going on.
· Considering the serious disruption of electricity supply, road communication, telephone and mobile connectivity, additional support has been rushed for immediate restoration. Additional teams for road clearance, police for Law and Order, distribution of dry food such as Chuda and Gud, Polythene mobilized to the district.
· 14,18,082 Persons evacuated and sheltered.
· 24,889 numbers of tourists safely evacuated from Puri, Ganjam, Cuttack and Balasore districts.
· 2398 number of polythene rolls from Gajapati district and 3200 rolls from Ganjam district sent to Puri.
· 600 rolls of polythene from Balangir and 200 rolls from Baragarh sent to Cuttack district.
· 500 rolls of polythene from Mayurbhanj, 350 rolls from Keonjhar, 300 rolls from Jharsuguda and 800 rolls from Koraput sent Khordha district.
· Train services resumed to normalcy from Bhubaneswar on 05th may.
· Diary plants are fully operational in Bhubaneswar.
· 15889 packets of relief materials (Chuda, Gur, Biscuit, Candle, Match Box & Salt) handed over to Puri, 4632 packets to Khordha and 800 packets to E. Co. Rly.
· 03 medical teams of Indian Coast Guard, at Paradip with first aid kit, emergency medicines and critical care ambulance assisting the administration.
· 1.15 lakh water pkts. and 1.5 lakh chlorine tablets dispatched from Pondichery to Bhubaneswar.
· 804 no. of MRCs opened.
· 321 number of Mobile Medical Teams Deployed.
· 1945 numbers of pregnant women shifted to Maa Gruhas/ Delivery points.
· 5703 number of open water sources disinfected affected areas.
· 2854947 number of ORS sachets distributed.
· 2334335 number of Halogen Tablets Distributed.
· 56 number of doctors deployed from outside to Boudh, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapada and Puri.
· Required no. of DG sets hired and moved to the affected districts.
· Team of officials from adjoining districts deployed in most affected districts like Puri, Kendrapada and Jagatsinghpur for assisting the District Administration.
· Restoration works have been started by engaging 200 work man gangs mobilized within the State.
· Approximately 200 no. additional gangs have been mobilized from Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal through Partner Agencies such as L & T, TATA Power, PGCIL and NTPC.
· Arrangements have been made for quick procurement and deliver of poles from SAIL for steel poles and State based agencies for PSC (Cement Poles). Distribution transformers are being arranged through Odisha based manufacturers. Other minor material is also being arranged from local sources. In case of any additional requirement of sources from neighbouring States would be tapped.
· The Department of Energy have notified 1.5 times of prescribed wage rate for skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled labourers in cyclone restoration work so as to attract more no of competent gangs from within and outside the State. Fooding wage Rs.150 per person per day has also been prescribed.
· In Puri district 64 roads cleared out of 560 affected roads.
· In Khurdha all roads cleared except 11.
· In Jagatsinghpur all roads cleared except in 3 blocks.
· In Cuttack all roads cleared except 11.
Deployment of Response Forces and others.
· 20 ODRAF teams have been deployed for SAR and road clearance in the affected areas.
· 44 NDRF teams have been deployed for SAR and road clearance in the affected areas.
· 525 Fire Teams have been deployed for SAR and road clearance in the affected areas.
· 22 teams of OFDC engaged for road clearance and tree cutting in Bhubaneswar City.