Cooperative Society Secretary Killed In Short Circuit Fire In Berhampur

16 January 2020


Berhampur: The secretary of Lochapada Service Cooperative Society (SCS) Ltd in Berhampur was charred to death after a fire broke out due to a short circuit in the society office on Thursday.

The deceased identified as Jagannath Patra was working alone in the office today afternoon when all others had gone to take their lunch.

He was sitting near a computer that first caught fire due to the short circuit. The fire immediately spread to other devices and also engulfed him killing Patra on the spot.

Noticing smoke emanating from the office, few locals informed the fire brigade following which fire engines arrived at the spot and doused the flames.

Later, Berhampur Sadar police along with scientific team reached the spot, initiated a probe and sent the body for post mortem.

Santosini Oram, IIC, Sadar Police Station

Santana Mahapatra, Fire Officer

Sriram Patro, DEO, Lochapada SCS