09 February 2019
Jharsuguda: Eating snacks proved fatal for a college girl in Belpahar of Jharsuguda district as she choked to death on corn puffs of a popular brand on Saturday.
The deceased was identified as 16-year-old Suchitra Rai, daughter of Saroj Kumar Rai of Belpahar and a Plus II student of Brajarajnagar College.
Reportedly, Suchitra was eating the corn puffs and simultaneously watching videos on her mobile phone while resting on a bed in the afternoon when the snack stuck in her throat.
Her parents rushed her to TRL Hospital at Belpahar, where doctors declared her brought dead.