29 November 2017
Cuttack: In an untoward incident in the premises of Odisha’s premier SCB Medical College and Hospital on Wednesday afternoon hours, over 46 persons, including three fire brigade officials, fell ill and were hospitalised in SCB.
As per reports, such an incident took place following chlorine gas leakage from the PHD Pump House tank situated in the campus. The fire brigade was alerted to tackle the situation but unfortunately three of its officials got affected.
Not only the three fire fighter officials, but also other persons in the sprawling hospital premises were also taken ill.
All the affected were immediately admitted to the Casualty and their condition was stated to be stable.
Even latest reports said that three affected were admitted to the ICU.
Among the affected are stated to be medicos, medical staff, attendants, patients and visitors.
Even the media persons also had the bitter experience.
Notably, panic triggered among the patients following the chlorine gas leak from the tank of the PHD Pump House inside the hospital campus and the fire fighters were pressed panic button by the authorities. The fire brigade officials rushed to the spot to stop the leakage.
As per reports, the fire officials had to fight hard over an hour to take stock of the situation.
The leaking tank had to be shifted over 3 km away from the hospital campus to the Mahanadi open space by the fire officials.