X
 
SC dismisses all Ayodhya review petitions

Ammonia Leaks From Shrimp Factory In Balasore, 60 Hospitalised


13 November 2019

Pramod Kumar Das


Balasore: More than 60 persons were taken ill following a gas leak at a shrimp processing unit at Khantapada here on Wednesday evening. The gas, reportedly ammonia, leaked from one of the units of the plant. A large number of workers were on duty when the mishap took place.

However, no fatalities have been reported from the site. Few of them have been hospitalised at Khantapada, while a majority have been shifted to Balasore district headquarters hospital. The authorities of the sea food processing plant owned by Falcon Group could not be contacted till this report was filed.

The district administration and local police are present on the spot and reviewing the situation. Sources said, most of the affected persons are women workers at the plant.