02 June 2019
Malkangiri: Death strikes in most unexpected ways as a seven-year-old boy was electrocuted to death by a transformer while he was attempting to catch a bird in Patanaguda village under Khairaput block here on Sunday morning.
The deceased has been identified as Rajendra Sisa.
Tragedy struck the village after locals noticed Rajendra’s body hanging from the transformer pole. They informed that Rajendra, who was desperately trying to catch a bird since morning, had climbed atop the transformer without giving any second thought. In his pursuit to get hold of the bird that was perched on top of the electrical equipments, Rajendra lost his life as he was electrocuted on the spot.
On receiving information, forest and electric officials reached the spot and recovered the body from the transformer. Mudulipada police initiated a futher probe into the matter.