29 October 2019
Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday announced incentives for State’s sportspersons with an objective to fulfil their needs and create enough opportunity for excellence.
CM Naveen had a detailed interaction with the Sports Hostel students before taking the decision, said an official communiqué from the CMO (Chief Minister’s Office). Based on the feedback of the students, the Chief Minister took the following decisions to encourage sportspersons of the State for excellence.
* At all the Sports hostels, the monthly allowance of girl students is enhanced to Rs 500, and that of boy students is enhanced to Rs 300 per month.
*For out of station participation in recognised sports competition organised by NSF or similar level, all sportspersons will be given a daily allowance of Rs 300 per day.
* Sports persons achieving Gold medal at National Level competitions will a get a monthly allowance of Rs 1000 for one year. For Silver and Bronze medals, the amount will be Rs 500 and Rs 300. Sports Hostel students will get this amount in addition to their monthly allowances.
* If the medal winners create a record at National level and the record is not broke for one year, then the record holder will get an additional monthly allowance of Rs.5000 for one year.
* Sports persons selected for National teams will a get monthly allowance of Rs 1000 for one year.
* A separate scheme will be formulated for Sports Departments Coaches with monetary incentives for performance enhancement.
The Sports Policy of Odisha Government has created immense opportunity for the growth of sporting talents of Odisha besides the improvement of sports infrastructure. Setting up of High-Performance Centres in 10 categories including Badminton, Hockey, Football, Shooting, Swimming, Athletics etc has created immense potential for sportspersons of India including Odisha, said the press release.