06 December 2019
Bhubaneswar: The four rape and murder accused of Hyderabad-based veterinarian were killed in an encounter today early morning at Chatanpalli of Shadnagar in Hyderabad.
The latest updates are:
1. National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) takes suo motu cognisance of the alleged 'encounter'
2. Autopsy of accused to be conducted: Cyberabad Commissioner
3. Two Police officials suffered minor injuries in the attack by the accused
4. Prime Accused Mohammed tried to snatch guns and attack
5. The shots at the four accused were fired in retaliation
6. State Law Minister Pratap Jena hails Hyderabad Police, bats for stricter law
7. Congratulate the Hyd Police, Request Govt to not take any action against the policemen: Nirbhaya’s Mother
8. Am happy the family doesn’t have to suffer like we did: Nirbahaya’s Father
9. Very happy, this will set as an example for others: Victim’s sister
10. Happy with the encounter: Victim’s family
11. Senior Police Officials arrive at spot for inspection
12. Encounter occurred in between 5.45-6.15 am
13. Accused were taken for crime scene reconstruction at about 3 am where they tried to flee
The woman's rape and murder had triggered shock and horror across the nation after her body, badly burnt, was found last week near Hyderabad.
On November 28, the men, all truck-drivers and cleaners, saw the woman park her scooter near a toll-booth. She left for a dermatology appointment. They allegedly punctured a tyre of the scooter and waited. When she returned, they pretended to help, gang-raped her at a deserted spot, strangled her and burnt her body to destroy evidence, according to the police.