01 February 2020
In the Union Budget 2020, Union Finance Minister chalked out the proposed policies of the government under the Education sector.
• In order to provide quality education, propose to start degree level full fledged online programmes by top 100 institutions.
• Nirmala Sitharaman has proposed Rs 99,300 for Education sector and Rs 3000 crore for skill development.
• Steps will be taken to source external commercial borrowing and FDI to deliver higher quality education.
• Under ‘Study in India’ programme, an exam is proposed for Asian and African students.
• Urban local bodies will provide 1 year internships to engineering students.
According to experts, the FDI would encourage top foreign universities and educational institutions to set up high quality educational institutions in India.